This site is not officially ready. Before I do the proper launch of this site. I still have a few loose ends to tie up. These include:
- Work on the slow page loads in the Work Area.
- Mock and upload as many approved logos as I can remember/find.
- Sort out the image size for the about page.
- Get a new Twitter plug in. One that doesn’t say “Twitter Down” over half the time.
- Mock and upload as many music packaging/covers as I can think of.
- Decide whether the main page shows Most Recent work or Random.
- Officially launch the site.
If you have been on this site yet. Thank you. Keep it under wraps until I get it all ready. Thank you.
…bear with me.
Very excited to be included in Jeff Finley’s new book, titled Thread’s Not Dead: The Designer’s Guide To The Apparel Industry. The book will be released digitally on April 19th. He asked me a few questions, a while back, and I cannot wait to see how it all turned out, or if I just made myself sound like a fool. We’ll find out April 19th. Get involved.
Wow. What a job. Loading this website up with content is proving to be quite a task. Thanks to my man, Luke, actually uploading all of this stuff is instant. The tedious part, however, is hunkering down inside Photoshop, File Place…, finding an approved design from who knows when, placing it on the tee, changing the background color, Save As…, blah blah blah. Doing that for every single piece is taking a while.
I hope to launch this site soon, but I realize there will be a ton more work to add after that. My concern, however, is that there is just too much stuff and there, and no one may ever make it through what’s already there — let alone the additional stuff that I’ll add soon. It won’t be long until there are 1000+ pieces on this site.
But I know you folks judge these books by their covers, so I intend on sucking it up and regularly making blog posts, to sit here and greet you on the front page. That way, I become one of your new favorite sites, right?
Anyway, sit tight. I’ll have it all ready soon enough.
So this is the new site. It’s been a long time coming. I created the psds for this site in June of 2008. Since then, it’s been finalizing and simplifying everything about the site. I wanted the final product to appear small, simple, and easy.
I definitely achieved what I wanted with my site. I really wanted to make it work how I expected portfolio sites to work. You want to get in, see the new stuff, and get out. For first timers, you may want to see everything during your visit. I hope that I’ve accommodated for everyone.
A few pointers to get started. This is the blog area. Where I will try to frequently post. The Work Area is the true meat of the site. Inside the work area you can:
- Click each Thumbnail for a Detail View.
- Use the Search Bar to find work for specific Client/Artist
- Use the Search Bar as a Client List
- Flip through pieces by clicking the Right or Left of the Work Image.
- OR Flip through pieces by clicking the Right or Left Arrow.
- OR Flip through pieces by using the Right or Left arrow keys on your keyboard.
I’ve done my best to make it easy for you too see all of the work quickly. I hope you enjoy it.
I am extremely grateful for all of the people that helped me put this thing together. After I created the psd. I gave it to Joshua Mauldin, who cut it up and turned it into proper webpages. Ryan Gilette then created a WordPress backend, so that I could manage all of my content. And finally, my man Luke Hertert did a backend overhaul that is going to make things so easy on me, as well as did all of the little annoying touch-ups that I requested. With these three dudes, I was finally able to have the site I’ve always wanted. I hope you dig it.